Estimated costs on the new 4.2 HeaterMeter ???

MDemm

Really interested in the soon to be released HeaterMeter 4.2. Would like to know about what the estimated costs to build one (complete with case) are going to be ? I added up the costs of putting together a 4.1 (R-pi wi-fi complete) and it came to around $ 200.00.

Should be around the same price depending on whether you want thermocouple support or not. I think the thermocouple amp is $4.81, the SMD components are about $0.06 a piece, and the jack is $2.05 so even that only adds about $7.50 depending on which thermocouple you buy and it's cost vs. an RTD probe.

The costs of v4.2 are probably within a couple of dollars of a v4.1 system with regular thermistor probes.

PCB - $15
Mouser Parts - $36
Digikey Parts - $20
RaspberryPi Model A - $30
12V supply - $7
SD card - $5
Wifi - $10
Case - $25
--- Total $148

Probes - $12/ea

No there didn't seem to be much interest in it so I backburnered it. There's the issue of keeping the text file in sync with changes made in the webui so it ended up being sort of a bigish job.

Raspberry Pi model As are easily one-time configured by plugging in a USB keyboard and typing `[enter]wifi-client [yourssid] [password][enter]` which can even be done without plugging in a monitor if you can type ok.

No there didn't seem to be much interest in it so I backburnered it. There's the issue of keeping the text file in sync with changes made in the webui so it ended up being sort of a bigish job.

Raspberry Pi model As are easily one-time configured by plugging in a USB keyboard and typing `[enter]wifi-client [yourssid] [password][enter]` which can even be done without plugging in a monitor if you can type ok.

Sorry I meant to ask that question on the dev log, My bad

But also good to know I always like typing my ssid "Pretty fly for a wifi"

Back