Damage repair

Gerald Raucamp

TVWBB Member
Hi Guys,

I've tried some searching, but couldn't quite find satisfactory threads. If and when you guys do know of good threads, do point them out!

Anyways, as stated: damage repair. I bought a CGA last year, and it's rather dinged up. Dents all over the place. The lid won't close smoothely (needs some coaxing), there are dents near the vent holes so it doesn't properly close up to cut off oxygen input when ready.

How could I proceed to remedy most of these problems? I use the CGA for grilling, as it surely grills a lot better (at least under my control) than the SJS. But, well, it isn't that portable anymore due to the dings'n'dents. It takes ages to let the fire die.

Need some body dent tools. But leave as much as possible alone. Trying to fix the dents will just make the porcelain crack or shatter.

Hi George,

Hmm that is a bit of a hazard indeed. Then I'll need to figure out a different way of fixing most of the added "ventilation".

With the GA, little things like this are somewhat easier to take care of than with a kettle due to the squared up shape. Seeing some pics would help as "dings and dents" vary quite a bit. For example, with the lid not closing smoothly, is the lid out of square ? Is it the bottom ? Is the lip of the lid dinged in keeping it from seating ?

Weber would probably like it if you bought a new one. Once it is out of square its not so easy to bring back.

I had one that was tweaked. It took a bit of slow pressure and time but I got it close enough and it works perfectly fine. Its the one I use now.

Back