Curb Alert !!!

I was being sorely tempted by this one. Now that tax season is over I inquired, but was a day too late:

Platinum 4-burner Summit.jpg

Yah, I think circumstances were kind to you regarding the SS Plat Summit. Keep us posted on your next "deal".

Yes, for sure, but with all these Summit Platinums popping up all over the place it was pretty hard to resist. I especially noted that it looked unabused, had LP, and all the options. I sure didn't need it, though!

@Bruce, at least you could grab that 6-burner one and not have to give an account for doing so :ROFLMAO: .

My one interest is getting my hands on one of these is to see how practical it would be to come up with a "fix" for them like I was fortunate to be able to do with the 1st generation Summit model. WIth that available, these would be a lot more attractive grills to buy and maybe even flip. However, Larry is right about the cost of the flavorizer bars. No Summit is going to be cheap to restore.

However, Larry is right about the cost of the flavorizer bars. No Summit is going to be cheap to restore.
That is the truth. I remember 4-5 years ago I parted out a Summit and had a good set of flavo bars and many other parts I was trying to give away and no one would bite.....I was just asking postage.

I do think there could be a way to mod that Summit to use cheap generic bars
Interesting thought, Larry. Fix that flavorizer bar issue and get stainless reinforcements for the firebox and now you are definitely looking at something not half bad at all. The 2nd generation is nowhere as robust as the 1st, but that stainless frame and rear infrared are two legs up it does have.

Hopefully someone here grabbed the nice BLUE Silver B with two flip tables that was in Marlboro MA for free today (CL). I just noticed the ad now and it says gone. Not sure how long it was listed, maybe a couple hours? I checked CL around 12 PM and didn't see it. Nice grill.

Hopefully someone here grabbed the nice BLUE Silver B with two flip tables that was in Marlboro MA for free today (CL). I just noticed the ad now and it says gone. Not sure how long it was listed, maybe a couple hours? I checked CL around 12 PM and didn't see it. Nice grill.
I saw that and the guy emailed back to say the first person was ghosting him and it was mine. Unfortunately, his email went to my spam folder and I didn't see it until hours later. I really liked that blue lid.

Back