Creekstone Farms delivery question.....

Matthew F.

Hey everyone, quick question for anyone who has ordered from creekstone farms before.....I placed an order for the ultimate pitmaster package (brisket, two pork shoulders and 4 racks of ribs) to cook up for my daughters first birthday next Saturday. I called up and selected free shipping and they told me the order would ship on Monday and arrive by wednesday which would be perfect timing considering it would allow the ribs and pork shoulders time to thaw out (they apparently ship partially frozen). Now I just received an email saying that my order was sent out priority overnight and when I called they said it was sent at no additional charge because they received a large volume of orders and had to get them all out. I suppose I'm going to have to freeze the entire package until next Thursday to thaw all of them
out. Now my question is.........are quality meats like that decent to smoke after being frozen (the brisket comes fresh but I don't know if I want it sitting in my fridge for a week and a half)? I've heard a lot of negative remarks about previously frozen meat and I myself have not smoked anything previously frozen.

Hey everyone, quick question for anyone who has ordered from creekstone farms before.....I placed an order for the ultimate pitmaster package (brisket, two pork shoulders and 4 racks of ribs) to cook up for my daughters first birthday next Saturday. I called up and selected free shipping and they told me the order would ship on Monday and arrive by wednesday which would be perfect timing considering it would allow the ribs and pork shoulders time to thaw out (they apparently ship partially frozen). Now I just received an email saying that my order was sent out priority overnight and when I called they said it was sent at no additional charge because they received a large volume of orders and had to get them all out. I suppose I'm going to have to freeze the entire package until next Thursday to thaw all of them
out. Now my question is.........are quality meats like that decent to smoke after being frozen (the brisket comes fresh but I don't know if I want it sitting in my fridge for a week and a half)? I've heard a lot of negative remarks about previously frozen meat and I myself have not smoked anything previously frozen.

I honestly would just put them in the fridge. They'll thaw out and keep fine in the fridge for a week no big deal. A lot of competitors wet age their briskets, which just means keeping them in the fridge for sometimes several weeks. Someone might chime in and say I'm wrong about the frozen stuff, but I would definitely not freeze the brisket.

I gotta say, I am jealous though. Those Creekstone Farms briskets are amazing.

Should be just fine. I've ordered plenty of SRF products that came frozen. No difference in taste, texture, etc.

Fed Ex dropped off a 45 lb package of meat for me today. Everything was shipped fresh not frozen and I was able to make enough room in my refrigerator to store all it (18 lb brisket, two 9 lb pork shoulders and 4 racks of St. Louis pork ribs). The pork had a pack date of 8/8 and the brisket was 8/9. They shipped everything fresh because they said they had a back order of meats and had to get out the new batches as soon as they were packed. I'll just keep everything in the fridge until next Saturday. Hopefully nothing with spoil and will make for some tasty BBQ.

Back