Crazy whole hog preperation

Would be easier to just kick one into the bonfire and drink some beers!!!
icon_cool.gif

Sounds interesting, but way too much buthering work for me. I would prefer to buy it de-boned beforehand. I know I won't get what the recipe calls for that way, so I guess I'll always be curious as to what it tastes like. Oh well. It looks good though!

Or if you're near a big city with an Italian neighborhood/market as them to make one up for you. Given the the time and labor the price for the completed porchetta would probably be worth it and perhaps a more colorful solution that just buying the "porchette and jux". And the several dozen old city rolls. Several Italian delis in my area do that and it serves well.

Having that whole porchetta on the fire would be cool though.

A very interesting way to prep a whole hog. Very labor intensive. I rotiss whole hogs but I don't go through the steps to de-bone. Can do a 125 lb hog in about 6 hours... put it on a spit, season and place herbs in the cavity, sew it up good and start cooking.

joe

Good read/post.

This is what I am planning for a next big summer BBQ event. I will though pick one up already prepped from the Italian market in Philly and just rent the cooker. Should be fun. There are places here that will deliver a porchette to your door already cooked in fact with the board and gloves, ready to start carving.

Back