Crazy barbecue

Lance

TVWBB Super Fan
I will soon be coming back to the US and want to barbecue something crazy when I come home. Does anyone have any suggestions for smoking something that is off the beaten path? I have done the usual brisket, pulled pork, ribs, etc and am looking for something a little exotic. It is going to be a celebration but I don’t want to break the bank. I am looking forward to hearing everyone’s suggestions.

Lance

How "exotic" are you looking to go?

Prime rib

Jerk pork

Thai chicken or pork satay

Kowloon duckling

Spicy-orange grilled shrimp

Red snapper with anchiote paste

Grill some steaks and potatoes. Relax with a few tall ones. You've earned it. Smoke later.

Originally posted by Sean S.:
How about letting us cook something for you as a way of saying "thanks."

What Sean said.

My nephew returned to USA soil on Sunday, just having completed his second tour in Iraq.

His family will be having a big blowout for him the first weekend in June, and whatever he'd like me to cook, he'll get.

Thank you Lance - the same would go for you!

I wouldn't want to speak for Lance, but maybe he just really enjoys smoking rather than viewing it as a chore. I'd guess you could say that about most of us that post here.

If you really want to cook, do a chuck roll. I would also second the vote for prime rib. Since you really roast it, it's not really BBQ, but it's good eatin!

I know some guys that grilled koi fish from a neighbours backyard pond. So instead of smoking salmon pick up some koi at the pet store. HA!

lance.

Something crazy without being too off beat that won't gross out your family/friends too much - what about a bunch of ham hocks?

Regards

Duck sounds like a great idea to me. If its not wild (at this time of year that would mean coming out of someone's freezer) it will be nice and fatty ... perfect for smoking. Now I am talking myself into this. Anybody ever smoked duck? Help! I gotta eat some duck.

Thank you Lance. My family and I appreciate everything you and your team have done. God Bless.

I don't have anything to add other then thank you for your service. Its because of people like you that I enjoy the freedoms I have and I thank you! If you are ever in Chattanooga I have beer and que that you are welcome to.

Back