Costco - Pork Brisket Grillers

Dennis Cramer

TVWBB Member
Picked up this new item at Costco and gave them a try over the weekend.

Marinated in a vinegar and oil dressing. Grilled over charcoal to 160 per directions. VERY tasty and moist.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george curtis:
what is that really ?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm guessing a new name for Country style pork ribs (AKA boneless ribs, just butt cut into strips). I base that on the directions, as that's one of the ways to make CSR's. Without seeing them, just a guess though.

I saw something similar at Super WalMart this past weekend. I assumed they were selling the trimmings from turning whole spareribs into St. Louis style, but not sure.

Regards,
Chris

I saw these at Costco and asked a butcher what they were, and he said a pork counterpart to beef brisket.
Here they are $1.99 per lb.
I didn't buy any.

Not sure how to post pics yet - will have to read up on it. But, next time I make them (which will be soon) I'll post them up.

They were really good.

I made 24 Swift Premium Pork Brisket Grillers Monday night. They are enhanced as Don Irish says with 10% water salt, sodium phosphate. They come in large blister pack of 4 pouches with 3 cuts in each pouch (total of 12). I brined 4 of them in apple cider vinegar, kosher salt and black pepper for 4 hours. I heavily seasoned them with Porky's Delight (retail commercial seasoning) and cooked them on the gas grill to package instructions. They were as good as the center cut chops I make the same way - moist and juicy with a hint of pink (cooked to 155 and rested). The 4 brined cuts were slightly more flavorful. I have pictures of the packaging and of the unpackaged cut if anyone wants them - I do not see a way to post them here.

looks good dino. i have a store nearby that has all kinds of pork cuts that are not enhanced so i go there. prices are great also.

Back