Christmas 2023

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
A fun Christmas Eve, kids are working today (Christmas) I remember when you wanted a job that you didn't work holidays, my kids (both are Nurses) love working the holidays (I would too, if I made the money they make)

Mistakes were made, like forgetting to pat dry the roast before applying the garlic herb butter, however the roast came out nicely. Smoked it on the Smokefire at 225 and seared it in the oven at 500 when the roast hit 110 IT. It was great, but I personally prefer rotisserie roast on the Weber Kettle. Lots of adult beverages, a really pretty moon, some great music (I snuck in some recent Bob Weir and the Wolf Brothers) We had mashed tatters and my son fried up some tatters in Duck Fat, which was really good. All in all made quite Merry. Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, don't forget to throw those 2015 tax returns on the fire.

Slide show, click right or click down depending what platform you're viewing on:

My favorite photo, Chuck, is the one of the ribs back on the grill! :) I always squirrel those away for a cook's snack, or tomorrow's lunch! :)

Great looking grub!

R

Back