Chicken Cordon Bleu

Mark Skeet

TVWBB Pro
Since Home Depot put the Kingsford on sale, I picked a good week to clean out the freezer. I got some organic boneless chicken thighs from Costco a couple weeks ago.

I pounded them out a little and put a slice of ham, munster and basil leaf between two thigh pieces.

I put the pieces together with a wood skewer and bushed with seasoned olive oil. Then they got coated with a bread crumb/parm combo. The skewers come in handy here because they keep the breaded chicken up off the dish so the coating stays nice.

Lightly sprayed with canola oil and it's time for the grill. Set up the "new" red for indirect and off we go.

Browned up nice and didn't lose any cheese. They cooked about 45 minutes at 350.

Plated up with garlic bread, salad and some pickled hot peppers from my mom. I was hoping to get a shot of cheese oozing out after slicing but the munster didn't cooperate.

I went to the table to grab another one for the oozing cheese shot but the family was already devouring their dinner while I was making the plate pretty for pictures.

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend!

Very creative and fantastic cook Mark! I would love a plate like this right about now.
icon_smile.gif

dsc04564u.jpg

This is my kind of food! Stuffed chicken is a winner in my book.

Very nice pictures as well. I'm drooling.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">while I was making the plate pretty for pictures. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hate it when they do that, but can you blame them? I mean look at that plate.

Back