Cherry smoked chicken

Al Ramirez III

TVWBB Member
Well I finally got around to trying out the wonderful wood that is cherry yesterday. What better way to unwind from a stressful job interview than to have a few beers and grill outside? I looked in the freezer and had some marinated thighs, legs and some cheddar sausage. So I fired up the kettle for an indirect cook. Seasoned the legs with Yardbird and the thighs with Julio's Seasoning. I cooked them slow indirect with the cherry chips and wow the smell of the smoke was amazing. It smelled like happiness and sunshine. Smoked them indirect for about 3 beers then crisped them up direct. Added the sausage as well and was ready to chow down. Sliced up the thighs and made tacos with fresh avocado and my firest homemade hot sauce and it was delicious! The legs were to die for! Great smokey flavor different from the mesquite and hickory I'm so accustomed to. I'll have to find me some chunks of this stuff soon because this bag of chips sure as heck won't last long. Just smelling the smoke I knew I had to try some baby backs with cherry. But until that time here's some pics. Nothing special but I thought I'd share.

Finished staining my deck by the way

05-2010001.jpg

05-2010013.jpg

05-2010016.jpg

05-2010020.jpg

05-2010021.jpg

05-2010024.jpg

My kettle hurt its ankle. This saddens me. Think weber cs will send me new legs?

05-2010017.jpg

05-2010026.jpg

05-2010027.jpg

05-2010030.jpg

05-2010031.jpg

05-2010035.jpg

HoleyMoley Al, Welcome to the forum!
Nice shots and Great lookin' Eets you got there...
butt one thing bothers me...
you said, "Smoked them indirect for about 3 beers ..."
icon_eek.gif
You smoked 'em for only 10 minutes??
icon_eek.gif

Great looking deck Al!

Oh, and by the way, Outstanding looking cook!
Great pics and write up too!
I'll be on the lookout for more of your posts!

ps: I like to knock down a few Rocks myself
icon_smile.gif

Welcome Al!

Good looking meat there. Jim, you've got it wrong. It wasn't 10 mins. Al's in Texas, and he was drinking Rolling Rock. That equates to about 6 mins on a warm day
icon_razz.gif

Paul

Hi Al - I'm not sure that after 3 rocks I would have tried for all that perfection but man you nailed it. Great looking cook. Thanks for sharing. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

nice looking meal Al, next time send me a taco down hwy 16 south to Freer,Tx 110 miles south of San Antonio, that taco had my name on it lol

Back