Charcoal Grate for 18.5" WSM

Kevin L in Ohio

Does anyone know where I can purchase a charcoal grate for an 18.5" WSM (2014-present)? The Weber site shows a grate is available for an 18" but not 18.5". Thanks.

I think the 18" = 18.5" is a given, they just forget to put in that last half. You want a grate that is 15 1/4 "

Have you considered Arborfab?
The charcoal basket from Arborfab isn’t real cheap.
I’m kinda thrifty and I don’t regret buying it.
Makes clean up so much easier
however the little minion starter basket that I thought I couldn’t live with out I find just gets in the way.
Yep, I got one custom sized for the WSK, and it is very nice and worth the money IMO. I too would skip the minion starter basket as my narrower diameter coffee can works better.

I think the 18" = 18.5" is a given, they just forget to put in that last half. You want a grate that is 15 1/4 "
This is correct. Around 2015, Weber made a deliberate decision to remove references to the 1/2" (.5") as part of the naming structure of our products. I wasn't involved with that decision, so I can't speak to the fine details, but if I recall correctly the reasoning was that the 1/2" part of the name was causing confusion to casual/new consumers.

So, a 18.5" SMC or 18.5" Kettle simply became 18" SMCs or 18" Kettles, despite still measuring 18.5" in diameter. The same is true for 14", 22", and 26" products.

The charcoal/fuel grate for an 18/18.5" SMC measures 15.25" in diameter.

Hope this helps!

#IworkforWeber

Does anyone know where I can purchase a charcoal grate for an 18.5" WSM (2014-present)? The Weber site shows a grate is available for an 18" but not 18.5". Thanks.
What's wrong with your original grate, lost or just rusty?
I still have my OEM grate on my 08 -18" WSM and 012 -22" WSM.
Both are rusty and concave so I just drop them on the driveway ( to knock off the rust )
And step on them ( with the curve up) to sorta flatten them out.

Back