Can't Decide

Originally posted by Bill Spearman:
I also have a 22 1/2, a WSM and a Weber gas grill. Only use the gas grill for convenience. For flavor and the enjoyment of a good cook I always go with charcoal. If I knew then what I know now I probably would not have bought a gas grill. That said, it does come in handy if you suddenly lose power or you have to cook a batch of food after a hurricane hits.
Bill, couldn't agree more. I'm only new to charcoal but I'm not going back. I've got a gass grill too because I'm in a cyclone zone here. Came in real handy after Cyclone Larry last month, although now I've got the WSM I'm gonna stock up on coal rather than propane next cylone season!
Steve
Cairns, Queensland, Aus

Thanks for all the input!

I have decided to buy the kettle 22.5 gold in blue. I should have it in service by next weekend. Almost all of the stores around her only stock black.

Go kettle!

You won't be disapointed, I love my Blue Platinum!
icon_cool.gif

I usually am able to get grilling within 3-4 minutes on my kettle. I use a brush burner to first cook off the grates, then light up the charcoal, 250,000 btu's gets the action going quick. I never use a chimney anymore.

Remember that with a gas grill, it's easy to throw some chips into a smoker box for extra flavour. Also, up here in the freezing north, winter grilling is strictly gas.

Cheers,
Michael

Back