Cajun Bandit "sold out" items ????

StevieP

I pulled up the Cajun Bandit website tonight with the idea of ordering (another) "pimp" kit for my (2nd) 22" WSM...The "pimp" kit as well as several other items (high flow charcoal ring, etc) were listed as "sold out". Anyone have an idea if this is a temporary thing or have these items been <gasp> discontinued. Not looking to start any rumors, just trying to clarify. Thanks.

Steve P

I think (hope) they had a bunch of orders for Christmas and just sold out of their inventory.

My guess is that Chris is spending some time in the duck blind. As a devout Louisiana duck hunter, the season is a religious experience for him!

i am possibly going over there today to pick up some items from him, i will ask him and let you know the status of his "sold out" items if i get over there....

looks like the coal ring is out of stock - and the pimp kit and other kits that contain the coal ring are also out of stock.

makes sense. when he gets more coal rings, the pimp kit will be back in stock.

Quick question for you Cajun Bandit fans. I bought a SS door from Cajun Bandit for my 22" WSM and really enjoy the upgrade. It is both functionally and visually enjoyable, and I feel it was a great modification.
As I cleaned my WSM yesterday, I wondered if the CB coal ring was an upgrade that makes much difference in performance. I use my standard ring that came with the unit, but I use a Guru as well. I have no heat management problems, but often wondered if the CB coal ring makes much difference while using my Guru. My guess is that it may make more difference if I was only using normal vent air flow. Any thoughts?

Per emails I received today, apparently the "sold out" items were actually just "out of stock". <Whew> Glad to hear this...I'm needin' me another "pimp kit"

met with chris late this afternoon and talked to him about sold out vs discontinued items... he said that nothing is discontinued and by the looks of his truck bed, he wasn't lying... had a pallet of rings, probably 30-40 of them, 5 rotis rings, several doors for both 22's and 18's.................... he also said he appreciated everyone's business and was grateful for this website and all that who have purchased his items.....
thanks

Wife ordered the pimp kit for me for Christmas. The door didn't get shipped with everything else, but after some e-mails he said he would send it around the first of the year.
The coal ring, is about an inch or so bigger then the ring that comes with the 22.5
I haven't counted the holes, but it is bigger.Just about the same size as the coal grate. I used my new DigiQ for the first time with this new ring, and was just a LITTLE worried that the ring was too big. But didn't seem to hurt anything.

Originally posted by Morrey Thomas:
Quick question for you Cajun Bandit fans. I bought a SS door from Cajun Bandit for my 22" WSM and really enjoy the upgrade. It is both functionally and visually enjoyable, and I feel it was a great modification.
As I cleaned my WSM yesterday, I wondered if the CB coal ring was an upgrade that makes much difference in performance. I use my standard ring that came with the unit, but I use a Guru as well. I have no heat management problems, but often wondered if the CB coal ring makes much difference while using my Guru. My guess is that it may make more difference if I was only using normal vent air flow. Any thoughts?

I had an issue with my Guru Digi Q and a fully loaded Cajun Bandit ring of BB Kingsford. (20+lbs)
I was shooting for 350* to cook two 7 lb Butts in pans and the Guru struggled to maintain under 300* ( I could prop open the door and get it to 350, but the ATC couldn't keep it up).

In retrospect, this wasn't one of my brightest cooking experiments, but I was excited to use the expanded ring. I spoke to Kenny Baker and Bob Trudnak about this ill fated cook and they felt the briqs were too compacted in the ring and I tended to agree with them about it. My Guru has run efficiently with all of my Large BGE and 18" WSM cooks with lump or briqs whether low n slow or High heat cooks.

Hope this helps!

IMG_1560.jpg

IMG_1564.jpg

You should have no problems with any low n slow cooks with the Cajun Bandit expanded ring and any ATC.

Back