Buy injector ???

John Furdyn

TVWBB Pro
Where's a good place to buy an injector, does walmart have them ?

Are some injectors better than others ?

If so what should I look for in an injector ?

Thanks

John

Hey John, if you're independently wealthy you can get one here!
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_smile.gif

Hey John---
In Washington State, you could buy a 35-60cc disposable syringe and a 14 ga 1 1/2" needle and get started with that, They are "disposable" so not made to last a lifetime, but for a few times or just to try it, you can't beat the cost!!! About $3.00

I forgot to add-- I got mine at a feed store. Also any farm supply should also carry these somewhere around the vaccine section---

John--Check your local grocery store and Walmart. Look in the section where they have sauces and marinades. Around here they sell them along with a jar of injectable marinade.

Tom

There is a product called Creole Butter (found in the sauce/marinade section of the grocery store) that comes with a free injector. Not the greates injection, IMO, but you can try it to see if you like it; then keep the injector.

I recently purchased this injector because I like the all metal construction and thought it would be a single handed operation. Unfortunately, the plunger is too long to be fully drawn out with just you thumb in the ring (unless your hand span is enormous). the other downside is that fluid gets above the plunger so when you fully draw it out, it works in reverse and blasts inject solution out and in your face. You have to be diligent, keeping from fully drawing it out, and I typically forget at least 8x doing a brisket.

I'm looking for the the type that looks kind of like a caulk gun, I'd like it if some has a good internet source for one.

or I've heard about ones with multiple needles, but have yet to look.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
I'm looking for the the type that looks kind of like a caulk gun, I'd like it if some has a good internet source for one.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Do you mean like this one?

The same vendor also carries the bicycle pump version Jack's Old South sells but for a few $$ cheaper.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Do you mean like this one? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

oh yeah, the dial-o-matic. thanks for the link Joe.

Hi Joe--- That injector syringe at Allied looks like one we used to sell years aago when I managed a feed store. You loaded it with vaccine for multiple shots for cattle for quick injection to make the cows "well". With that setup, you could give your "butts" multiple injections to make it "well"!!!!!!!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I just bought that same Bayou Classic one. Haven't used it yet, but I'll be trying it out this weekend. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

looks like the one I have. make sure the o-ring is lubed and makes a good seal so liquid doesn't leak past and get into the barrel where it will squirt on you when you fully withdraw the plunger.

Back