Butt and Ribs add more wood?

shawn244

TVWBB Fan
Lets say I put a 8 - 10 pound butt for an overnight cook. Then the next day I put on some ribs for the last 6 hours of the butt cook. Would you add more smoke wood or just go with you have already in the smoker. I normally do not add more wood that deep into the cook. Or would you adjust your times so the butt comes off early wrap it and putt in the cooler than putt on the ribs. Suggestions?

Me, I'd add more wood. If you're worried about over-smoking the butt (I wouldn't be, but I like lots of smoke for butt) you could use a bit less wood at the outset of the cook.

ive my mind serves me well.. i think the smoke only penetrates the meat in the first few hourse of the cook... so go put more wood in.....enjoy.. also a butt is a rather large piece of meat and can handle alot of smoke....enjoy

I'm sure it's possible but i really don't see how you could over smoke a butt or a chuck roll unless you are just relentless with the smoke wood.
icon_eek.gif
Put more in there when you add the ribs. No worries.
icon_wink.gif

Shawn thats correct you can definetly put more wood on it wil not penetrate the already smoked butt.
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mordechai Striks:
ive my mind serves me well.. i think the smoke only penetrates the meat in the first few hourse of the cook... so go put more wood in.....enjoy.. also a butt is a rather large piece of meat and can handle alot of smoke....enjoy </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Back