Brined & BRITU Rubbed Pork Tenderloin

Doug M

TVWBB Member
Was making a couple racks of BRITU back ribs on Saturday and had two pork tenderloins on hand with no specific plans for them.

I was concerned about smoking the tenderloins slow and low because of how lean the meat is, so I brined them overnight with the All-Purpose Brine recipe on this site (plus a healthy dose of black pepper), took them straight out of the fridge, rinsed off the brine, dried them off, rubbed them with the extra BRITU rub I had, and threw them on the lower cooking grate for three hours at 225.

They turned out great! I've been slicing them for sandwiches on crusty buns spread with No.5 Sauce and honey mixed 5:1.

A note on the BRITU ribs, I was 2.5 hours late getting them started so I skipped the step where you rub them and let them sit on the counter for two hours, and I don't believe I noticed the difference - they were still really great.

Doug - you need to make those pics a little bigger - my old eyes can't see to well!
From across the room it all looks great ;)

Doug - you need to make those pics a little bigger - my old eyes can't see to well!
From across the room it all looks great ;)

Thank you all for the feedback. In the future I'll probably reserve a little rub from whatever I am smoking that day and throw it on a couple tenderloins on the lower grate.

Also Brian, those smaller pictures should take you to the full size version if you click on them. Thanks!

Back