Black Pepper New York Strip Steaks with Horseradish Sauce

Joan

TVWBB Hall of Fame
This is what DH had for dinner tonight. He said it was very, very good, especially the sauce. (he only had one steak.)

Black Pepper New York Strip Steaks with Horseradish Sauce

Sauce
3/4 cup sour cream
2 TB. prepared horseradish
2 TB. finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

4 New York strip steaks, 10 to 12 oz. each and about 1" thick
2 TB. extra virgin olive oil
2 TB. Dijon mustard
3/4 tsp. kosher salt
3/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

1. In a medium bowl thoroughly mix the sauce ingredients.
2. Prepare a two-zone fire for high heat
3. Lightly brush the steaks on both sides with the oil and then smear the mustard on both sides. Season evenly with the salt and pepper. Let the steaks sit
at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before grilling.
4. Brush the cooking grate clean. Sear the steaks over direct high heat, with the lid closed as much as possible, for about 6 minutes, turning once and
swapping their positions as needed for even cooking. Move the steaks over indirect high heat and cook, with the lid closed, until they reach your desired
doneness, about 2 minutes for medium rare. Remove from the grill and let the steaks rest for 3 to 5 minutes. Serve the steaks warm with the sauce on the
side. Makes 4 servings.

Source: Weber's Charcoal Grilling-Jamie Purviance-2007

Even with a picture, STILL don't get any comments. Ok, so it doesn't count unless its a picture of what we cooked?

I'm on board with the sauce; it reminds me of a pit beef sauce with sour cream substituted for mayonnaise. Duly noted for future use!

This recipe is a good example of why I like to post recipes. Granted, there are not any pictures of what DH cooked, but just the recipe alone and the fact that DH did make it and really enjoyed it, SHOULD be reason enough to want to share it here with you guys so that you can enjoy the experience also. Is that soo wrong of me?

Even with a picture, STILL don't get any comments. Ok, so it doesn't count unless its a picture of what we cooked?
I like the personal touch. To see the plated steak, lobster and gnocchi that you or your DH cooked brings it closer

I like the personal touch. To see the plated steak, lobster and gnocchi that you or your DH cooked brings it closer
Dan, believe me, if I could, I would LOVE to post pictures of everything DH cooks. I just don't know how:cry:

Dan, believe me, if I could, I would LOVE to post pictures of everything DH cooks. I just don't know how:cry:
Do you have an iPhone?

Or an smart phone that's not an iPhone?

Or a digital camera that you load pictures to a PC.

If yes to any, which one do you have?

Dan, DH takes the pictures, I just have a hard time figuring out how to post them here. Like the last picture of our cat. I didn't want it that big, but....lol

Back