Best website to order rubs and sauces

AdamTriwor

I plan on experimenting with making my own rubs and sauces but for now I'd like to purchase some stuff online. I plan on ordering some Slap Yo Daddy rub and probably some Blues Hog BBQ sauce. Any website that is better than the others?

Prices seem to be pretty even for the popular rubs.
Big Poppa might have one of the largest selections.
Fire Craft has a good selection as well.

Amazon could be the best place if your order qualifies for free shipping.

Totally agree on Big Poppa Smokers. Excellent selections as well as excellent service. Great people to boot !!!
Although not directly bbq rub and sauce related, Soupbase is an excellent source for flavoring and meat bases (such as something you would use for injection...)

Used SYD rub., and really like it. I often make my own, but just as often buy them, and try them out. Recently got Black Ops brisket rub and was most pleased.

Instead of buying them. Buy a good bbq book instead and learn how to make your own. Once I started making my own, My cost went down big time. Plus you have a lot more control over your flavor.

Thank You for the responses. Hawgeyesbbq looks like they have everything I want to try but the shipping charges are high.

If you make your own rubs, make sure your spices are fresh. That garlic powder you brought when you moved to your new place is pretty much just dust. :)

Adam...

Shipping for Big Poppa Smokers is $9.95 for orders < $39.99. For orders over $40.00, shipping is free. These are for domestic sales, not international sales. Also not for grills and large items.

Instead of buying them. Buy a good bbq book instead and learn how to make your own. Once I started making my own, My cost went down big time. Plus you have a lot more control over your flavor.

Totally agree. I've been doing my own rubs for a few years for both BBQ and grilling (and some traditional oven and stove-top cooking as well). In Seattle the ONLY place to get the necessary dry herbs and spices is Market Spice at the Pike Place Market. They have anything and everything you would need. Plus, every purchase is a custom order, from as little as an 1/4 oz of dried habanero to a pound of onion powder or paprika. If they don't have what you need (unlikely) they will usually make a special order. All you have to do is ask. The down side is your purchases are in little plastic baggies taped shut with a label. No jars or tins provided. This saves dramatically on costs. A 2 oz. jar of (say) granulated garlic is $3-$4 in the stores. At Market Spice you pay about $1. The other good thing is I work downtown so a trip to Market Spice is only a 5 minute walk away. Life is good!

Back