Best way to reheat back ribs?

Craig C

TVWBB Fan
Smoking pork back ribs tomorrow. What's the best way to store and reheat at work Monday. Thanks!

I agree that the mic is a good way to reheat at work. When I know I am going to reheat an entire rack I slightly undercook them and then let the reheat finish. I have froze in foil covered in plastic rap for a week and then reheated in the foil on my grill or in the oven with good results.
I have also been known to enjoy a cold rib or two at work. That also cuts down on the smell and people stopping in my office to try to get a sample. No matter how you do them ENJOY.

Mike

I strip the meat off the bones of a half rack, and put it in a microwavable Rubbermaid container. Then I drizzle a little of my sauce over it. A minute (tops) in the mic is perfect, and I find it easier to eat without making a mess on my tie.

The microwave is a good way to reheat and your best bet at work, but for me the best way to reheat is to put them on a baking sheet in the oven and reheat them that way. The fat seems to reactivate that way and they are very good.

I did the following the other day and it worked great.

1. Took a sheet pan and put a cooling rack on it.
2. Put ribs on cooling rack.
3. Poured some water in sheet pan
4. Covered ribs and pan tightly with foil
5. Put ribs/pan in 250 deg. oven till warm
6. Removed foil and let outside dry out.
7. Sauced ribs again lightly and let it firm up.

They tasted like they came off the smoker. It sounds hard but it was really, really simple.

Back