Best BBQ Books

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> Most of these books have 10 pages of basic info on smoking and 100 pages of recipes. If you want a great book, get Gary Wiviot's 'Low and Slow-Learn the art of BBQ in 5 Easy Lessons'. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I totally agree on your first point, and I expanded on the thought in my post upthread.

Have not read the Wiviott book, I'll trust you're assessment, however I wasn't too impressed with his q/a answers. The other thing he's known for is that he doesn't like the "engineers" around here that tend to dwell on minute facts, and maybe miss the forest for the trees. Personally, I won't do anything unless I understand why, so I'm still waiting for a book that can justify something like mopping.

I did like Wiviott's original site, maybe I'll give him a second chance and check out his book.

+1 for "Low and Slow" by Mr. Wiviott, very good book to read, and he is an even nicer guy to talk bbq with.

I also like Peace, Love and BBQ

Not a bbq book, but the recipes in "All About Braising" by Molly Stevens can be adapted to the WSM.

From the classics like Bouef Bourguignon to more contemporary recipes.

John

Back