Been Awhile

Jim Bounds

TVWBB Fan
This is from the Packers Playoff game against the Seahawks. Entire family was home since it was the holidays along w/ numerous young adults. Drove back from sister-in-laws house Friday. Got up at 0330 Saturday to put on the Pork Butt. Two 10 pound butts from Costco. Time was of the essence so I cut each of them in half to speed up the cook..... 4 5lb butts! Here they are on the WSM.

I let it roll at 250 and went to bed. Pulled off WSM around 200/probe tender. Wrapped and rested for 2 hours in oven at 140. Here is the finished product. Saved the juices.

It was delicious and a big hit with the family and guests.

Great Day except the Packers blew the game in the last 5 minutes.... you now that sad story. Thankfully i did not break the TV!

PS: I usually use water in the pan for Butts, but didn't this time. No noticeable difference.

Last edited:
That is the way to go, looks good....I always cut my butts in half... More bark, more smoke, faster cook time and well... YOU EAT SOONER.....

nice butts and pulled pork Jim.

some people will never get over the outcome of that game...
however, I was giddy about the end of the Super Bowl. Glad to see "attle" lose that way.

almost like.... sweet revenge.

Looking good! Doing my first WSM pork butt this weekend and will cut it in half thanks to your post and Matthew's reply.

Jim, great smoke ring on your pulled pork! I'm gonna have to try and save the juice next time, I bet that really helps the flavor.
Tim

Back