beef back ribs

Aaron B

Well I'm about set to smoke some beef back ribs. This will be my second time and I'm hoping it turns out better than last time. I was hoping to get some advice on the whole process. Last time simply bought bad ribs, alot of the meat had been gouged out between the bones. I'm not making the same mistake again. This time around the dino bones have plenty of meat between them, although they are cut in half. Any suggestions or input would be much appreciated. I will be posting pictures of the process and final products. Thanks in advance guys!

Aaron, I've have a lot of success with a nice rub on them and smoked at 250'F for four hours minimum.. I've used hickory and or pecan wood for smoke.

You can cook at a higher temp if you like butt again, my successes have been at 250'F
Please remember, do not go by time alone, go by how they look and pull apart... use the temp and time frame as a guide line...
Good luck, I look forward to seeing your dinner plate
icon_biggrin.gif

Aaron,

I can vouch for what Jim says. I am cooking 7 whole slabs (not cut in half) of beef back ribs tomorrow. I am also doing a brisket and a butt that I am putting on the WSM right now.

I usually find that it takes me longer than 4 hours. It has even taken me up to 7 or 8 hours for them to be done. But I am usually closer to the 225-240 temp range. Don't rush them and they will turn out delicious.

One last thing. Don't use a rub that you would use on pork ribs. Specifically -- no sugar.

Good luck,

Paul

Hey Jim--don't you recommend Stubb's Beef Marinade for ribs? I just tried that last weekend based on your posts, and they were excellent! Gotta get the pics up. Actually I'm warming up some leftovers right now....

Aaron, just do a search on Lampe and beef ribs. You won't be disappointed!

Absolutely Dale! Stubb's Beef Marinade is AWESOME.
Butt, I thought Aaron was doing his ribs tonight, not giving him a chance to get stubbs and lettin um sit overnight...
SO... i like lone star rub by Steven Rachin (sic)...

Back