Baconus Maximus Burgers

Jason Howard

TVWBB Fan
This is my second variation on the "Bacon Explosion" I'm sure most of you are familiar with.

For this one, I used ground beef for the filler and stuffed it with more bacon (of course) and raw onions, going for a bacon burger theme.

3 hours on the smoker, and it was ready.

I also had some ribs on there for about 5 hours.

Enjoy the pictures!
IMG_3159.jpg

IMG_3160.jpg

IMG_3161.jpg

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

I've been a little reluctant to try the bacon explosion recipes because I'm really scared that I couldn't make a bacon weave like that. That's impressive! Not sure I have the fine motor skills needed.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lee Morris:
I've been a little reluctant to try the bacon explosion recipes because I'm really scared that I couldn't make a bacon weave like that. That's impressive! Not sure I have the fine motor skills needed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The weave isn't too hard, just takes some time and patience. Its pretty intuitive once you get it started though.

I will say that thick cut bacon is easier to work with on the weave. The one pictured here is thin cut on the outside, and it was a little harder to get lined up and weave.

Bacon selection is very important too for the outside weave, too much fat can make it difficult, and you want the slices to be the same length.

Not sure what my next explosion recipe will include, but I'm always thinking of stuff to try...maybe Jimmy dean as the filler next time.

Back