Backyard on the Grape 2020

GaryP

TVWBB Pro
Had a great time yesterday in Lodi CA for the annual beginning of the season. Great way to shake the cobwebs off for the year. Awesome location power, water, bathrooms, showers, big kitchen with sinks to wash and most of all a lot of fun. This was basically our first event as a team last year and it was a great way to know what you are getting into if you want to do comps. Plus the facetime with the judges is invaluable. I highly recommed it to anyone interested in getting into KCBS or even a backyard comp. Next year will be here before we know it.20200314_084301.jpg20190713_122617.jpg20200314_105355.jpg

Very nice job on the turn-ins Gary !
Ben's contests are always top flight.
Wishing you and your team the very best this year and in the future.

Chicken took 6th, ribs 7th. I thought my brisket was pretty darn good but it did not score well. Half the judges liked it, half did not(judges were seperated 3 at each table). After it was over I found out the one half thought it was tri tip and not brisket. Not sure how that happens as there were burnt ends in the box but hey, it was still a good time.

Chicken took 6th, ribs 7th. I thought my brisket was pretty darn good but it did not score well. Half the judges liked it, half did not(judges were seperated 3 at each table). After it was over I found out the one half thought it was tri tip and not brisket. Not sure how that happens as there were burnt ends in the box but hey, it was still a good time.
Great job Gary, presentation was excellent. Would have to question judges competence if they cant tell a tri-tip from a brisket .... burnt end or not

Back