Anyone using the barrel upside down?

JHunter

TVWBB Super Fan
So I got a suggestion on here to turn my 22 WSM barrel upside down to stop the rain from coming into the chamber, and what do you know it works very well. And it looks like it moves the bottom rack up a bit higher which I also like. But it looks like I am going to need to add some bolts at the top to get the rack stay up top. If you have some pictures or suggestion on using the WSM with the Barrell upside down please share.
Thanks

Storing the WSM with the middle section upside down is fine, but if you cook with it that way you may get a greasy black liquid running down the outside of the smoker. The lid is designed to sit inside the top of the barrel, rather than overhanging it as the lid of a Weber kettle does.

how hot is too hot to put the cover back on? it doesn't seem like it takes very long to cool to 150 which is where I re-cover.

There are 3rd party companies that make after market weather blankets that can cover the cooker while it is in action. Can't recall them off the top of my head right now. Anyone else hear of those?

There are 3rd party companies that make after market weather blankets that can cover the cooker while it is in action. Can't recall them off the top of my head right now. Anyone else hear of those?

tempted to buy one of the 18" sizes and use it for my 14 and likely will if I have temp issues this winter

Back