Anyone smoked this?

Colby R

TVWBB Super Fan
I bought some pork loin filets at Aldis they're super cheap and marinated in different flavors curious if anyone has smoked any of these?

Yes that's exactly what they are ! I was debating throwing them on smoker instead of the grill!

I'd do them the same as a tenderloin, on the grill. The last time I tried something like that I didn't like the texture of the meat since it sat in a marinade for so long.

I've grilled them with great results just wondering about smoking but probably grill two smoke one and see how it goes

I have done them on the kettle. Marinated in a ziplock bag with a bottle of Wishbone Italian Dressing,
indirect with some applewood for smoke, at about 300F, then finished direct for a bit more color.

I've grilled those before and some of them turned out really salty.

I have had the same result. Too salty to even eat in my opinion. I just get the pain ones and season myself and always grill and not on the WSM but i do throw some apple chunks on the charcoal to get a little more smoky flavor.

There's nothing salty about any of the ones I've seen or bought don't think we're talking about same thing

Do the loins have a brand name or are they store-packaged? I've seen Hormel and "Cherrysomething" in the stores and IIRC it was the latter that had the salt issue.

Not sure on brand name they're off brand

I've done a lot of those. The wife buys them by the grocery cart-ful every time they go on sale. I strongly recommend not trying a low and slow smoke on them. Whenever I've tried to smoke them they've come out kind of mushy. I think it's because they're in that marinade so long. Best way I've had them is a hard sear on all sides and then let them finish off the heat for a few minutes. Leftovers make fantastic sandwiches the next day.

Back