Anyone have a butt in front of them?

Jason H.

TVWBB Member
All,

An odd request but does anyone have a 7-8lb boston butt handy that they could measure it and post that here? Thinking height/width on the big and small ends and then overall length?

After my cook last weekend I have an idea for use in the 18" WSM and am going to start on some drawings but knowing an average butt size would help out. Also anyone know the diameter of the two cooking grates (can get that tonight at home so not a huge deal but not sure when I will next buy some butts)?

Really big question: has anyone ever modeled the actual space inside the 18" WSM? IE the actual cook space size and shape for both the upper and lower racks? That might be the first component of my project if no one has it and is willing to share.

Thanks!

Hey Jason, I can't answer your butt question, but I have installed a third rack between the upper and lower rack, while I've never smoked any thing so large that it wouldn't fit on the upper rack, if ever there was something too large I could simply smoke it on the bottom rack or the middle rack.

I hope that helps,

Karl

Back