any blackstone griddle fans out there?

I had a 36" I gave it to my son, missed it so bought a 17" I got a flame guard off of amazon that has a rack to hold cooked food. I also got the hose and run a 20 lbs tank at home., I really like it single H burner has plenty of heat

I have the 36” Blackstone with 2 air fryers and 1 warming drawer.
The air fryers work great and are a healthier choice than pulling out my deep fryer.

The 36“ does better than others keeping zone temps and I can make some tasty meals on it.
Where as my Hunsaker 22“ plate really only has one temp and no real real estate to speak of.
The Hunsaker does work but I will probably end up giving it away or using the metal as mater for another project.

My favorite cooks on my 36” are, fried rice, cheese steaks, hash brown omelettes, scallops and it does just fine with knocking out a bunch of smash burgers.
When my son comes to visit he often requests a breakfast dinner and the Blackstone does that well.

Using it to do meal preps is awesome.
I can produce a bunch of gourmet burritos that can be vacuumed sealed and frozen.
The same goes with most other good cooked items.
I find that good food still tastes good after it is reheated , even smash burgers are tasty when reheated.
You can’t do that with drive-through fast food.

Our place is somewhat of a destination place.
We tend to host a lot of vacationing family and friends.
The griddle does well with guests.
It is very common to see a guest reheating a bowl of griddle food left overs as a late snack. IMG_0918.jpeg

I have the 36” Blackstone with 2 air fryers and 1 warming drawer.
The air fryers work great and are a healthier choice than pulling out my deep fryer.

The 36“ does better than others keeping zone temps and I can make some tasty meals on it.
Where as my Hunsaker 22“ plate really only has one temp and no real real estate to speak of.
The Hunsaker does work but I will probably end up giving it away or using the metal as mater for another project.

My favorite cooks on my 36” are, fried rice, cheese steaks, hash brown omelettes, scallops and it does just fine with knocking out a bunch of smash burgers.
When my son comes to visit he often requests a breakfast dinner and the Blackstone does that well.

Using it to do meal preps is awesome.
I can produce a bunch of gourmet burritos that can be vacuumed sealed and frozen.
The same goes with most other good cooked items.
I find that good food still tastes good after it is reheated , even smash burgers are tasty when reheated.
You can’t do that with drive-through fast food.

Our place is somewhat of a destination place.
We tend to host a lot of vacationing family and friends.
The griddle does well with guests.
It is very common to see a guest reheating a bowl of griddle food left overs as a late snack. View attachment 85761

What's in the plastic bins?

I keep cooking utensils specifically for my Blackstone in those.
I find it convenient to have everything I need with it when I roll it out to cook.
This area is also part of my shop and on rainy days I will sometimes cook inside there with proper ventilation going on.

I keep cooking utensils specifically for my Blackstone in those.
I find it convenient to have everything I need with it when I roll it out to cook.
This area is also part of my shop and on rainy days I will sometimes cook inside there with proper ventilation going on.

What do you use the hooks for then?

Ya know I really don’t use those hooks.
I do have a couple long items and an occasional doodad that doesn’t fit in a tub that I’ll hang from them but that’s about it.
I think they might have been part of a package deal.
I also rarely use the folding side shelves.
They should have had a heat shield designed into them and they aren’t very easy to clean either.
I normally have a plastic folding table with an oversized baking tray next to me while doing my cooks.

I also store cooking utensils in a bin, Milwaukee Packout actually. They have a rubber seal so nothing gets in, my stuff stays clean. If it hangs on hooks, dogs and cats and whatever the wind whips up are directly on my utensils.

I have the Weber roll for my rings and spatulas and such.

I also store cooking utensils in a bin, Milwaukee Packout actually. They have a rubber seal so nothing gets in, my stuff stays clean. If it hangs on hooks, dogs and cats and whatever the wind whips up are directly on my utensils.

I have the Weber roll for my rings and spatulas and such.

Thanks. Since I just got mine, I'm trying to figure out the best setup. Whether to use tool hooks, or use a bin like you do.

I don't like the side shelves as much, I end up using the bottom shelf more. I keep thinking I'm going to knock something off the side shelf.

What does everyone think about how the griddle isn't flat, but leans downwards?

I used to have an Emeril square pan that wasn't completely flat. I always disliked that aspect of it. I finally replaced it with a Lodge square cast iron pan that was flat. I was much happier.

For the Blackstone, since it's not flat, if I put something like butter, it just slides towards the bottom and collects there.

Or did I just install it incorrectly?

What does everyone think about how the griddle isn't flat, but leans downwards?

I used to have an Emeril square pan that wasn't completely flat. I always disliked that aspect of it. I finally replaced it with a Lodge square cast iron pan that was flat. I was much happier.

For the Blackstone, since it's not flat, if I put something like butter, it just slides towards the bottom and collects there.

Or did I just install it incorrectly?
Is it level? My members mark from sams club has 4 leveling cogs ( 1 @ each corner )

My Blackstone sits about 2.5-3” low on one side, so it sits on a 2x4 when cooking. The concrete slopes.

So it’s never sat level at three different houses. Never been a concern about anything sliding or running

Back