Another probe prob

KellyMc

TVWBB Fan
My last cook, I discovered that my pit probe wasn't responding, which I figured was due to leaving it out in the rain.

I ordered a brand new pit probe, an ET-73, but same result. Both old and new probes work fine in the other jacks, just not in the pit jack.

I do however have an older, double probe (two probes wired to one plug) and one of the probes responds fine in the pit jack. That's what I'm using in my current cook

My board is a 4.1 and I initially had flaky probe issues, but after I made the white wire ground fix, it was rock solid.

Any thoughts? Maybe the double probe, since it has a longer plug, is probably making contact somewhere the others aren't.

On your J2 probe connector, what is the voltage between pins 1 and 2? (pin 1 is ground, pin 2 is your pit probe voltage.) With no probe inserted, this voltage should be about 3.3v. Insert your probe, the voltage should drop. (how much depends on the probe temperature.) Drop you probe in a glass of ice water and the voltage should change pretty quickly. Let me know your results and we can take the next step from there...

Back