An interesting variation on smoking ribs

M D Baldwin

TVWBB Super Fan
When I lived in Chicago, there was no shortage of rib joints/places to get pretty good BBQ. Carson's Ribs sort of defied the tradition of the joint and is more of and upscale rib place, if there is such a thing. I saw there recipe which is below and am going to try it. I hope it is not met a heresy-no rub and putting the sauce on at the begining, again about halfway and at the end. Just thought I would try something different. Will give an update later.
http://www.ribs.com/how_to_bbq.html

The Weber was in about a foot of snow and it was about 19F outside while I was cooking. They turned out pretty good, more of a smokey glaze and a nice smoke ring. Will do this again

MD,

That's an interesting read. It somewhat makes sense. I might have try it sometime. The only thing I would caution on is I probably wouldn't use a sauce that had really high sugar content, it might give the bark an off taste. Just my opinion.

Post some pics if you get a chance. I'd like to see what these look like?

Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Jonny

Jonny,
I agree w/ the high sugar sauce. The sauce I used was sweet, but not really sweet or that high in sugar. I forgot to add that a few hours before I put some worchestershire sauce on the ribs and just before I put the ribs on I put the sauce on.

Back