Adapting/Combining probe wires?

Scott C.

TVWBB Super Fan
Another dumb question, but what the hey, let's stir up things.

I am setting up to try my DigiQ DX2 this weekend, and I finished up the install, and built a little hanger to mount the controller and the Maverick away from the heat a bit. As I'm working on this, and completing all of the connections to make sure everything reaches, it dawned on me that if I had the right adaptors, I could use one grate probe and one food probe to run both controllers. Meaning, I use the DigiQ grate probe through the grommet, into a splitter, which is then plugged into the DigitQ and the Maverick base unit. Then similarly use one food probe connecter with a splitter to then connect to both units again.

Like I said, when I was doing the dry run with all of these wires, it quickly became apparent I would have two redundant grate probes and worse, two food probes piercing the meat. It's the later I'm mostly concerned about, but if this theory works for the food probe, it should work for the grate probe as well.

Has anyone looked into trying this to see if this will work? I'm pretty sure that I can get these adaptors at the local Radio Shack, but I'll gladly avoid wasting the time and dough, if someone can kindly let me know if I'm off my rocker on this one.

Thanks!

Unfortunately, that won't work. It's like trying to read a single resistor with two voltmeters.

They are both trying to supply a voltage across the same temp sensor and it will just cause all sorts of weird readings.

I just knew someone way smart than I would be able to save me the time and effort in trying this!

Thanks!

Back