Ace hardware charcoal sale

John Furdyn

TVWBB Pro
Ace hardware flyer came today, their charcoal (Ace), on sale again $4.99 for 18 lbs. Bought a couple of bags last time used some yesterday, like it. guess I buy some more. John

I heard that R O makes ACE briquets. I bought a few bags a couple of weeks ago for $5.69 for an 18lb bag. They also have Cowboy Charcoal for $11 for a 20lb bag. That's delivered to their store.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The ACE here in Fresno </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, is that lump or briquettes?

I know this is not Ace, but I was in Home Depot in Allentown, Pa afew days ago. I boutht two 21 lb bags of Kingsford for $13.95.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LarryR:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">The ACE here in Fresno </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ed, is that lump or briquettes? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
That would be Briquettes. Larry if you want me to pick you up some, email me and I'll take care of it. I tried to call you yesterday.

kingsford is the last stuff i would use. not happy at all with the stuff last time i used it.
i'll pay more for something that has quality.

I mainly use kingsford and have no issue with it. You can get the 2 14lb bags at Sames for 13 bucks almost all year round.

I never have had a issue with it.

The ACE charcoal thread was started because many do not like to use Kingsford. Many here will post when a more desirerable Briq charcoal goes on sale like RO, Rancher, ACE. Speaking for myself I can not stand the smell of Kingsord burning. Don't like and don't/won't use it unless it's my only choice. Even then I'd prob just wait till I get something other than Kingsford, but that's just me. My WSM my choice.
icon_biggrin.gif
I mainly use lump, my prefered charcoal of choice.
icon_wink.gif

All the hype about others had created a bit a "want to try" feeling... So guess I am out to Ace this weekend. Not to mention I am low on coals anyway so I couldn't think of a better time to try something new.

Don't get me wrong I am not knocking others brands, I am the last that could I haven't tried them.

I think ACE charcoal briquettes are made by Royal Oak, are they the exact same, as Royal Oak, that I don't know.

Just bought a couple of bags, of Royal Oak, charcoal briquettes at ACE hardware, for the same price as the ACE Brand, sale price $4.99/18 lbs. clerk said they were substituting Royal Oak for the Ace Brand, Is there any difference ??
John

sweet...picked up 4 bags of royal oak at fresno store. i hear that royal oak makes the royal oak brand, right?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">sweet...picked up 4 bags of royal oak at fresno store. i hear that royal oak makes the royal oak brand, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Were you at the new Ace on the Fig Garden loop? I was there today and bought four bags too, guy told me a story about another guy who had bought 4 bags yesterday. It was funny, he acted like buying 4 bags was odd. Mentioned to him that I had bought about 1/2 a pallet of Rancher when HD had it on sale for $2.99 and that Ed C. and I were going in on a pallet of Rancher in the next few weeks.

Looking forward to trying this stuff, not a huge Kingsford fan either. After using Rancher it's hard to go back to that stuff, hopefully the rumors are accurate that this stuff is similar to Rancher. This way I can grill with RO and smoke with my Rancher.

larry, yeah, it was me. i went in and picked up one bag, nothing about a sale was posted, and i forgot the price. when it rang up $4.99 i said ring up 3 more. i went and got the other 3 and the paint guy was laughing. they both musta thought i was nuts...lol. glad to see thay don't think i'm the only crazy guy in fresno.

Back