A new Weber pellet grill - The Searwood

I do hope this new Searwood will feature a much more generous application of stainless and other higher quality materials than the SmokeFire. Surely Weber has learned a painful lesson where an innovative design was hampered by the bean counters insistence on cutting corners on the application of materials used.

As far as grates, I personally got tired of rapidly rusting grates on my Weber kettles. After buying several sets of KillaGrilla stainless ones, I have never looked back. It is perhaps a little different in a pellet smoker, and I get that Weber is trying to keep the entry point price competitive. If I bought one, I would use the originals for however long they last and figure an investment in stainless replacements would be in my future. I hope this new grill will have the same size grates as the SmokeFire which interchange with older Genesis and Spirit 300 grill grates making for an abundant supply of aftermarket stainless grate options.

So would this replace the smokefire? Or be an additional/different Weber pellet grill?
The author of the article guessed that the Searwood will replace the Smokefire. I don't think so. Weber has different models of the kettle. They have different models of their gas grills. MY GUESS is that the Searwood will be their entry level pellet grill and the Smokefire EX4 and EX6 their mid range, and the Sear + will be their high priced version. We'll see. I heard a rumor about 18 months ago that Weber was working on a cheaper version with a side pellet hopper. Rumors can be fun.

The author of the article guessed that the Searwood will replace the Smokefire. I don't think so. Weber has different models of the kettle. They have different models of their gas grills. MY GUESS is that the Searwood will be their entry level pellet grill and the Smokefire EX4 and EX6 their mid range, and the Sear + will be their high priced version. We'll see. I heard a rumor about 18 months ago that Weber was working on a cheaper version with a side pellet hopper. Rumors can be fun.
Isn't it the same price (again speculated) as the Smokefire? Ya gotta wonder how many lines can they have in that $1k to $1.5k range? They would need something starting in $700 to $800 range I would think

Isn't it the same price (again speculated) as the Smokefire? Ya gotta wonder how many lines can they have in that $1k to $1.5k range? They would need something starting in $700 to $800 range I would think
I agree, if this new model hits reality the Smokefire is dead. Unless this is the new mid range and they raise the price of the Smokefire several hundred dollars.

Just as an aside , in the UK the EX6 retails for around £1700.00 which equates to just over $2000. I see Weber US retails the EX6 for $1299.00, which equates to just over £1000.00. Someone is making a killing. Still we can get the coconut briquettes ;)

Searwood. The name makes me wonder if you could add wood chunks into the mix somewhere.
Yeah, there is one on the market now and can't remember the name that has a little "drawer" on the front to put in some chucks or such.

Camp Chef Woodwind Pro
Yeah, and they now also have a tall smoker version with that same feature that has caught my eye. I believe Camp Chef has a patent on the slide in box for wood chunks and even charcoal. A lot of very positive reviews claiming exceptional bark and flavor.

Lone Star Grillz sells wood chips that are marketed to mix with pellets in their pellet grill. Would be cool if the Searwood adopted that concept.

Back