22.5 WSM Upgrade Kit from Cajun Bandit

Jeff Langer

TVWBB Fan
Worth the price? I definitely want the door and plan on either buying a Maverick ET-732 or iGrill soon. I figured I would need some grommets and am planning on buying the bigger ones that they offer.

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to provide some feedback!

Jeff

P.S. I posted this same post in the Mod section but it did not get very many views. I'm hoping I can get some good feedback here!

I bought the door and it is sweet. Mine took a little tweaking at the bottom and the top but it was worth it. Heavier gauge so it should help with heat retention as well. The top seems to overlap over the top more and it does not leak any smoke....and.....it looks way better than the original door!!

The CB doors aren't a big thing, but they're a nice upgrade, and if you want to use probes, you need grommets. However, I can't see the "high air flow coal ring" being much of a help, assuming you don't have a '09 22.5" wsm with the vent clearance issue that the CB rings were designed to fix in the first place. If you really want to improve air flow I'd just go with wrapped expanded metal, but I'm happy with my Weber OE charcoal ring. The doors are cool, though, and I've got 'em on both of my bullets. Both fit like a glove and look a whole lot better than the thin tin doors.

Back