2023 Weber Electric Grills Brochure

Very nice brochure!

I got beat up a bit on this forum last year for suggesting that past Weber marketing targeted White males. This piece clearly doesn't. Four pictures of people, and one is minority - completely in-line with US demographics. More interesting, of the four pictures, only one is a dude. That suggests to me that Weber marketing sees these as cute "chick" or "single/working mom" grills.

I also have to sort of give Weber props for showing the cords so clearly. So many power tool companies these days, for example, hide all or nearly all of their cords in the pictures. I wonder if the six feet Weber provides is for legal reasons. I think most people would need more.

Interesting to market these things because they are so simple and versatile. Almost any price range of condo/apartment might have a suitable balcony. And of course anybody else with an electric outlet might want one as well.

Weber might do well to put some of their marketing effort behind the scenes to lobby for new units to be constructed with suitable outdoor plugs.

I wonder if the six feet Weber provides is for legal reasons.
There are some YouTube videos and webpages that attempt to answer this question. It has something to do with thicker, shorter wires offering less resistance and more fire safety for appliances that use a lot of juice like toasters, toaster ovens, hair dryers, electric tea kettles, etc.

Watts to Amps on a 120v line.

1690795553571.png

1560 watts on a 120v line = 13 Amps

A typical home outlet is running 15 Amp circuit. So capping the draw at 1560 watts leaves headroom for any other appliance on the same circuit without forcing the breaker to trip constantly.

The 6’ cord at it’s designated wire gauge build is likely what limits the run length. Going longer would likely decrease the draw thus creating an inefficiency in the grill’s operation and max heating temp.

Back