2 Butts and a brisket

shawn244

TVWBB Fan
This is a late post but we are having a BBQ tommrow night around 5 or 6pm. I am expecting about 30 people. I have two butts and a brisket flat (plus a lot sausage and chicken). The buts are about 9lbs and 7lbs. The brisket flat is around 5lbs trimmed. I was planing on eating around 6 or 7pm tommrow. I put the both butts on at the same time(9:30pm) the large butt on top and the small butt on bottom. At about 4:30 or 5am I will move the small butt to the top rack with the larger butt and put the brisket flat on the bottom rack, add smoke wood and let the brisket cook for 9-10hrs. I would like to let to wrap everything in foil, put in a cooler, and let rest for an hour or two or so and then slice & pull. Is my time fr ame ok? Thanks
Shanw

But I won't be in Illinois till Sun or Mon!
icon_frown.gif

Your cook flow sounds good. If you're not temping the flat from the get-go, get a read on it at the 5-hour mark or so. That should give you a rough idea of what your looking at time-wise for the flat. Often in BOB situations a flat's cooktime is extended to at or near 2 hours/lb--but not always. It's possible it could still come in closer to 7-8 hours.

Have a great Q.

Back