$12.99 Sondiko Powerful Cooking Propane Torch, Grill Gun Flame Thrower Gun LMT905, Campfire Starter, Charcoal Lighter, Culinary Kitchen Grilling

Yah, I got mine today as well. A little bigger and substantial than I expected which was nice. I fired mine up and it kicks. I found that it ignites a lot better if you try to light it with low gas flow to start.

Definitely feels hefty, well made.

Now I need to think of something to cook on Saturday.

Just an FYI...propane is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. An odorant, mercaptan, is added to safeguard against undetected leaks. A Chef's Torch uses butane, which doesn't have the odorant added. Go easy with the torch on your dinner if you have a sensitive palate.

Just an FYI...propane is colorless, odorless, and tasteless. An odorant, mercaptan, is added to safeguard against undetected leaks. A Chef's Torch uses butane, which doesn't have the odorant added. Go easy with the torch on your dinner if you have a sensitive palate.
That did cross my mind, thanks for the heads up. But don’t people use those for cooking all the time??

That did cross my mind, thanks for the heads up. But don’t people use those for cooking all the time??
I think they do. The only reason I mentioned it is because I browned a sous vide steak with a propane torch once and I could taste the whatever-it-is, but I've seen video of people using a weed burner to cook a steak so it's probably an individual thing.

Back