Passover 2023 the cook starts this weekend

Awesome job on the brisket and other cooks!

Don't mean to hijack, but what temp probe system are you using? I need to get one for my new to me Weber Performer Deluxe and am trying to get smart. Would like a wireless one for rotisserie as well.
Not a problem. We’re all collectively learning here. Thank you for your kind words. 🙏

My wireless probe system is ThermoWorks Signals. I love it. It’s been rock solid and the cloud data archive has been very valuable to me.

I occasionally live broadcast my signals cooks (these briskets) so others can follow along. On those cooks, I do plug the Signals into an extension cable as the battery can wear down over an 8 hour cook when data is published every minute via WiFi.

Signals runs three probes plus a grate/temp probe for 4 concurrently live sensors.

I don’t do rotisserie so I’ll let other members chime in on that solution for you.

Signals does go on sale. 25-30% off are common. Just sign up for ThermoWorks emails and you’ll always be in the know for their sales. 30% off is a very good price for Signals.

I also own and use a BlueDot for simple cooks. Just stab the probe in and you’ll get remote reads. I use this for easy cooks where I don’t need as much data or I get lazy and don’t pull the Signals out.

But Signals is really my goto remote temp monitoring solution. It has been flawless.

Last edited:
These are great, as is everything you post is. Your creativity is unmatched! Boneless skinless chicken breast is always on the dry side, but I don’t care for fattier cuts. I’m salt water brining, searing, and then indirect grilling low and slow. Still on the dry side. Was looking for suggestions. Thank you, Brad
5% salt brine, 8 hours, with a bay leaf, crushed garlic and a few black peppercorns.

Try reverse sear method.

If you cook breasts indirect to 140° and then sear them up for color and char, you’ll be perfect. Just stop breasts at 155° at their thickest part and let rest for 5 minutes.

This will get you juicy breast meat every time.

I used to go to 165° but found 155° plus rest was better results. So I switched to it.

Thank you for your kind words. They’re appreciated. I’m still working on my creativity. I think I’m a good home/backyard cook.

I’d love to up my game to pro level. And I’d like to learn how to plate a dish.

Passover 2024 is coming up soon. I’ve started to develop the menu.

These are great, as is everything you post is. Your creativity is unmatched! Boneless skinless chicken breast is always on the dry side, but I don’t care for fattier cuts. I’m salt water brining, searing, and then indirect grilling low and slow. Still on the dry side. Was looking for suggestions. Thank you, Brad
I’m using jd, drip pan with water and apple juice, spritzing juice, and pulling off at 163. Indirect at 250.

I’m using jd, drip pan with water and apple juice, spritzing juice, and pulling off at 163. Indirect at 250.
you can comfortably go down to 155F and let them rest before eating, tented, so the heat stays in the breast and increases the breast temp. you'll see around 3-5 degrees in temp rise when tented and off the grill resting. i use heavy duty aluminum foil as the drip pan on chicken and toss the foil ever other cook. inexpensive and this has worked well for me over time. 250/275 on indirect will yield the same result, IMO. the 275 will save you a little time, that's all.

sounds like you have this well dialed in. post some pics and feedback. always looking for info from others.

you can comfortably go down to 155F and let them rest before eating, tented, so the heat stays in the breast and increases the breast temp. you'll see around 3-5 degrees in temp rise when tented and off the grill resting. i use heavy duty aluminum foil as the drip pan on chicken and toss the foil ever other cook. inexpensive and this has worked well for me over time. 250/275 on indirect will yield the same result, IMO. the 275 will save you a little time, that's all.

sounds like you have this well dialed in. post some pics and feedback. always looking for info from others.
Hey Brett, sorry it’s taken so long to get back to you with results. Michigan weather has not been too warm until lately. I finally got to put your very helpful tips to use today. The chicken was greatly improved. Much more tender and juicy than before! I’m never going back to my old way of doing it. I kept grill temp at 275, I moved it over to the direct side at 140 and seared it till they hit 155. I also basted them with teriyaki sauce while searing then put them in the tent. Thanks again!

Attachments

• IMG_0536.jpeg
    IMG_0536.jpeg
    214.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0537.jpeg
    IMG_0537.jpeg
    114.6 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0538.jpeg
    IMG_0538.jpeg
    128.4 KB · Views: 3

Back