The Happy Cooker (Weber wanna be)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Berry

TVWBB Fan
Anybody seen one of these? A friend of mine gave this to me the other day. Well, he was about to throw it away but I took it instead. The kettle is just like a Weber except the top vent. It's called The Happy Cokker and has an old round burner in the bottom. It has long been rusted out and they were using it as a charcoal grill. I know Weber made one similar to this at one time.http://i847.photobucket.com/al...smikeb/S36000024.jpg

I saw one of those out on the curb once but it was in such bad shape I didn't bother to take it. I'd be very curious to see a working one.

Bill

I figure it has to be Weber's design. The vent says...The Happy Cooker, Unarco Home Products, Paris, 61944

It's far from working order. There's a round burner in the bottom, but very deteriorated.

I had a Happy Cooker charcoal grill a while back. The quality was good and it had a hinged lid. I really liked that.

I saw one in front of a house in Michigan this summer. I thought it might be a Weber Kettle gasser, which is on the collection list, so drove up to the house to look at it and, if it was a Weber, make the owner an offer. The owner came out and I asked him if I could look at his grill. He looked at me like I was crazy. I then explained why I wanted to see it. I think he may have considered calling the law.

I left.

Pretty nice looking grill except the guy had been using it as a charcoal grill and there was about 6 inches of charcoal ash build up in the bowl.

Pat

Info I found searching the web indicated that The Happy Cooker people went out of business a while back. Also found info suggesting that the parts..the innards.. for this grill were interchangable with the Weber gas kettle but that Weber no longer had parts available for sale. So I guess it will have to be charcoal from now on. Might be a good grill to put down at my buddy's hunting cabin in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back