I'm gonna throw it away

NeilHeuer

TVWBB Fan
Guys I am at wits end! I changed wireless network AP's and the associated name. I had to take the damn thing all apart to get an HDMI connection and a USB keyboard. Anyway I got it plugged in to my hardwired network and I can access everything. I've gone through and redid everything under WIFI and in the WWAN configuration. I had it working - but finally I could ping the address on the LAN and WWAN. Before I put it all back together I unplugged the hardwire network - and rebooted. WIFI didn't work. I plugged back in the LAN interface and I can access that but I am pretty fed up about this. I removed the WWAN interface and remade it. As I am typing this the damn wifi just came on board ***?! BUT I still can't access the web interface with the WWAN ip but can ping it GRRRR

VERY frustrated :(

Neil

The wireless and everything will only work if the eth0 is plugged in?!!@!@!@ I am so baffled- tired and frustrated. When is the loki coming out?

Any chance you've tried a different USB wifi adapter on the Raspberry Pi? The quality of those adapters is dubious at the best of times.

I ended up RTFM and following the directions. I changed the ip of ETH0 and then straightened everything out and it works. It isn't convenient and there should be a way to see the IP of the wifi and there should be a way to change it on the display as well. I realize this is a hobbyist thing but the interface in many circumstances is no end user friendly.

I ended up RTFM and following the directions. I changed the ip of ETH0 and then straightened everything out and it works. It isn't convenient and there should be a way to see the IP of the wifi and there should be a way to change it on the display as well. I realize this is a hobbyist thing but the interface in many circumstances is no end user friendly.

Not to beat a dead horse but, you did solder over 50 components together, no? I think the configuration is a breeze compared to the time it takes to put the board together. But thats just me.

Not to beat a dead horse but, you did solder over 50 components together, no? I think the configuration is a breeze compared to the time it takes to put the board together. But thats just me.

There problem is that I replaced my entire wifi network so I had to reprogram a new one. In order to do that you have to take apart the darn thing to get to the SD card (which is actually wrong since up until recently the config.txt was totally igrnored). Then I needed to plug in the HDMI so I could see what IP the device was actually using. It was quite a hassle and there was a lot to go wrong. When you don't use it often you forget settings and ip's. It would be ideal to have this completed on the front and not require a computer to set the wifi network and IP. Most IOT devices are there - yes I know they are commercial but we are hobbyist with better skills :)

If you were putting the heatermeter on a new network, I would have just used the reset button on the lcd screen and it would revert it back to the setup IP address and connect using a laptop or phone.

If you were putting the heatermeter on a new network, I would have just used the reset button on the lcd screen and it would revert it back to the setup IP address and connect using a laptop or phone.

Yeah and you gotta connect to a hardwired network correct? I didn't know the process. Haven't done it in a long time so I just wanted to get it up and running for a cook. It was a hassle. If you aren't as well versed as the group who continually works with the heater meater it isn't end user friendly. Sometimes I just want things to work and be simple....

Back