Is Tony Chachere's Injectable Butter Marinade spicy?

Mike Arnold

I'm planning on using this for the first time this Thanksgiving, but we have some family members
that do not like spicy food. How would you describe the level of heat?
I guess I can always dilute with chicken stock if I have too.
I never used this stuff before, but heard lots of good things about it.

Thanks.
Mike

In my opinion, the injectable creole butter marinade is not overly spicy at all. It is very good.

The original creole seasoning which is a rub that comes in a green can is relatively spicy. I like it, but you might consider sticking with just salt and pepper for your rub if spicy rubs bother some in your family.

Mike, for years I have been melting a stick of butter in a bowl and adding Texas Pete to taste. A lot cheaper, and you can control the heat level.
Good luck,
Tim

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I need to keep things mild for the rest of the family. I'm the only one who likes food with a some kick. As long as this stuff doesn't have any heat, then all is good. My wife was concerned because it had some chili powder in the ingredient list. Also, some people think Creole means spicy.

In my opinion, the injectable creole butter marinade is not overly spicy at all. It is very good.

The original creole seasoning which is a rub that comes in a green can is relatively spicy. I like it, but you might consider sticking with just salt and pepper for your rub if spicy rubs bother some in your family.

What John said. I have used it for years no noticeable heat, inject then deep fry. Going naked this year straight in to the pool of hot peanut oil, no marinade or spice.

Back