Weber Barbecue Grill

JakeWilson

Hello,

I’ve recently moved into a house with a big garden and I’m looking forward to cooking up a big barbecue storm. I love a good barbecue with friends, family and barely edible charred food ;) I joke, of course, but I want to make sure that I can cook the food well – nothing beats the taste of perfectly charcoal grilled food for me whilst sinking a few cans with your friends.

I’ve done a bit of research into barbecues and found a few decent grills for sale online - http://www.canada.for-sale.com/weber-grill I’ve been looking into Weber grills after a friend recommended them to me. I like the look of the Weber Performer Deluxe 22”

544fd14d56e2e_performer-22.png

Does anyone have one of these grills? Can they recommend them? Are there any problems with them that I should be aware of? Are there any alternatives I should look at? My wife has been rubbishing my cooking skills so I want to make sure I get a good grill that cooks evenly and shows off my talents!

Thanks in advance for any help.

Last edited:
I don't have that particular model but, it's a Weber product! Once you learn the basics, you will wonder how you ever tried to grill on anything else!
The carriage is a very convenient addition to a pretty basic 22" model. If it's in your price range, go for it! You will not be disappointed.

I have that exact model and highly recommend it. The work area (table) isn't big, but it suffices. It also folds down giving a small footprint. Get a weber chimney and you'll be good to go.

I'll echo TFL. That is a very nice grill.
You'll cook up a storm mate. But be careful, once the CEO tastes the grub you put out, she'll have you chained to it!!
Go for it Jake. Good luck.

I have 3 weber's, including a performer that is 9 years old. You can not go wrong with the performer. You can direct, indirect and smoke if you want.

I have that exact model and highly recommend it. The work area (table) isn't big, but it suffices. It also folds down giving a small footprint. Get a weber chimney and you'll be good to go.

I'll second that!

Tim

I have that exact model as well. I bought it primarily for camping, because the table folds away so it's easier to pack. But funny really I use it all the time. GBS is nice feature and once I started using the wok and pizza stone, it's become my primary daily. Can't go wrong here.

My Performer has been sitting on the patio for well over ten years. Still looks brand new. I cook on it three to four days a week, and I still love it as much as the day it was delivered by UPS.

If you have the space and another $150, get the performer deluxe and be done with it. I hated cooking on charcoal until I finally got a Weber kettle and was even happier after I got my deluxe (turning old kettle into pizza oven now). You'll like any Weber 22.5 since they all cook the same, but the deluxe will get you more table space and a gas assist. So easy to fill a chimney, set it over the burner and push a button. Plus the bigger shelf lets me store a little more under it.

I agree, the performer is the way to go. The large table and gas assist are both useful as well as the under table storage. If the cost is a problem, check out Craigslist, OfferUp, or LetGo. There always seems to be many great deals on performers on those sights.

I've been a gas griller until I bought the performer deluxe. The deluxe removes all of the obstacles of charcoal cooking. The gas assist allows easy coal ignition, charcoal storage bin, larger workspace, moveable charcoal bins, hinged grate. I'm glad I took the advise of many on this site. Great idea to find it used on Craigslist of other if budget is a concern. Weber products are built to last. Good luck

I have a Weber gasser, a MAK pellet grill/smoker, and a Performer Premium (w/o gas assist). I use the Performer more than twice than the other two put together. Good luck.

Back