Apple Smoked Garlic Chuck Roast

Pat G

TVWBB Emerald Member
I had a 3.5# chuck roast in the freezer that needed to be cooked and I thought I would fill it full of garlic.

This thing smelled so good while it was cooking. I'm not sure if it was the rub, the garlic, the apple wood or a combination of all but it sure smelled good while it was cooking.

The setup.

I punctured it with a knife and inserted a lot of garlic into it. This was for the photo, I pushed the garlic into the meat before I cooked it.

Applied mustard and Weber's Chicago steak seasoning.

KBB and apple wood for flavor.

The temp stayed constant at 250 throughout the cook, this is after 1.5 hours.

At about 5 hours I foiled it and put it back on for another hour.

I pulled it and kept it in the foil, threw it in the cold oven and covered it with a towel. After it rested for an hour it looked like this.

I'm getting pretty good at estimating the amount of charcoal. I started with about 2/3 of the ring and this was all that was left.

The finished product.

It turned out really good, a little bit on the spicy side, maybe just a little too much steak seasoning.

Thanks for looking.:cool:

Last edited:
That beef looks really tasty Pat. Have a couple of chuck roasts in the freezer and I will have to try that on one of them. Thanks for sharing.

That looks amazing. I haven't studded anything with garlic in forever! I may have to do something about the situation.

Why is it that a lot of posts in the last few weeks are reminding me of things that happened when I was growing up. When I was in my teen years my Mom would do roasts (tri tips) and slice garlic into them on a regular basis. I will also be doing that with different roast in the very near future.

That looks amazing. I haven't studded anything with garlic in forever! I may have to do something about the situation.

Pat that's some great looking meat. I see your helper is taking a rest before sample time?:eek:

Back