Fried Onion Cheeseburgers

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
It’s burger night and decided on a little different way to add the onions. Put sliced onions with salt in colander for 30 minutes then onto clean towel and squeezed till dry. Sprinkle with Penzeys Seasoned California Pepper, formed two mounds then added the beef rounds on top. Flatten beef into onions, seasoned with more California pepper.
DSCN4229_zpsslod52q5.jpg

DSCN4232_zpsck0mupsi.jpg

DSCN4235_zpsgli9cyts.jpg

DSCN4237_zpsrx37ldc4.jpg

DSCN4239_zpsx3g15yap.jpg

Cooked on the griddle on the Genesis 2000. When burgers were almost done topped with American cheese, buns on the side getting toasted.
DSCN4248_zps9h1vgbmk.jpg

DSCN4251_zpsibj1h4wi.jpg

Burgers topped with lettuces, tomatoes and pickles served with fries for us and tarter tots for Whitney (SRD)
DSCN4254_zps4vvlr160.jpg

They were delicious and thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Great idea with the onions Barb. Will have to show that one to my wife. She did hamburgers on the Genesis 1000 last night and they were good but the onion would have been much better the way you did them. Will be stealing that idea real soon. Thanks for sharing.

Unreal! I especially like how you salt wilted the onions................ (recently made some cole slaw that called for salt wilting but I neglected)

I had onion burgers yesterday too.
Belly bombers from White Castle.
I would have traded all four of them for one (big) bite of one of those.

Looks great Barb! I'll have to try that soon in my CI skillet as I've moved to rainy day bbq cooks inside only.

Back