Day / Night mode

TommyE

TVWBB Member
My cyber Q has been rock solid and I have a few immersion circulators. So I would like to use the Heater meter to control my son's new bearded dragon tank. I would like to be able to change the temp of the heat lamp at night along with turn off the UVB light. In a perfect world this would be the set up.

7am - 9pm
Heat lamp on and set to 110 degrees
UVB light on

9pm - 7am
Heat lamp on set to 70 degrees
UVB light off

Is it possible to do this. I know I'd need a SSR but not sure if you can controll the heater meter parameters via time and I don't think it can control two outlets indepentenly. Of course I can put the UVB on a simple timer.

The heatermeter can only control 1 thing. Well, technically 2, since it can control both a servo and a fan, but that's not really going to help you here.

Time based control isn't part of the regular web based gui, but it's simple enough to handle via the system cron.

Something like:

Code:
# +--------- Minute (0-59)
# | +------- Hour (0-23)
# | | +----- Day Of Month (1-31)
# | | | +--- Month (1 -12)
# | | | | +- Day Of Week (0-6) (Sunday = 0)
# | | | | |
# * * * * * 		COMMAND
# 7am set to 110
0 7 * * * lmclient LMST,sp,100
# 9pm set to 70
0 21 * * * lmclient LMST,sp,70

I'd leave the UVB light under the control of an external timer device.

Last edited:
The heatermeter can only control 1 thing. Well, technically 2, since it can control both a servo and a fan, but that's not really going to help you here.

Time based control isn't part of the regular web based gui, but it's simple enough to handle via the system cron.

Something like:

Code:
# +--------- Minute (0-59)
# | +------- Hour (0-23)
# | | +----- Day Of Month (1-31)
# | | | +--- Month (1 -12)
# | | | | +- Day Of Week (0-6) (Sunday = 0)
# | | | | |
# * * * * * 		COMMAND
# 7am set to 110
0 7 * * * lmclient LMST,sp,100
# 9pm set to 70
0 21 * * * lmclient LMST,sp,70

I'd leave the UVB light under the control of an external timer device.

Thanks, I'll give this a go. Would I be able to just copy and past the code?

Yep, that should work fine, other than my typo of 100 instead of 110

What it doesn't take into consideration is power outages. It might be better to run a script every minute that compares the current set point to the desired set point based on the time and make the required changes. This way if you lose power or unplug your heatermeter around the 9pm or 7am mark, you won't be stuck with the wrong set point activated.

Back