HeaterMeter at cost

SteveCK

TVWBB Pro
As promised in this thread (though a little late - sorry) , I'm offering a fully functional v4.2 HeaterMeter for the cost of it's components only! First one to PM me gets it for $40 shipped. I'll even throw in a sliding back case (in red) for free. There is one caveat, which I have no way to enforce so let's use the honor system, I'd like the unit to go to someone who isn't going to sell it and who doesn't already own a HeaterMeter. This is intended for one of you lurkers out there who haven't yet pulled the trigger on the HeaterMeter yet! Come join the community and let's make some delicious BBQ together!

I would love to have it for my reverse flow build. I have been looking at the HeaterMeter for about a month now been wanting to build one but haven't had the time to do it.

Here are a few pics of my build:

Here are some more pics from last night finishing work.

I got the cook grates done last night and also got it painted. Cook grates are stainless steel. Its looking good now.

Does any one have any idea what blower I will need for this? I've been looking at your micro damper I don't think 10 CFM will be enough? Your site says there are bigger fans available but doesn't have any options for more CFM?

:smilekettle::coolkettle::wsm::coolkettle::smilekettle:

The Wiener is "Andrew F" who contacted me first! Sorry for all those who missed out! I'll send you guys a coupon to www.MicroDamper.com for playing, figure I could help a few more people getting going!

MikeBaum, great looking cooker! I forget what the 40mm fans top out at for the MicroDamper (I really should have that set in my brain by now). I sell the 10CFM in my kit because it runs everything from a small kamado up to a UDS well, which is what most people come to this forum with. I recently helped someone get up and running with a MacroDamper who is running a 35CFM fan though. But, do you really want to run a controller on that pit? The fun of offsets is sitting there feeding it wood and drinking beer all day!

Last edited:
Oops, almost forgot... I wanted to give credit to our overlord and founder of the HeaterMeter, Bryan Mayland, for being the one who first started this act of kindness by giving out a free PCB.

Here are some more pics from last night finishing work.

I got the cook grates done last night and also got it painted. Cook grates are stainless steel. Its looking good now.

Does any one have any idea what blower I will need for this? I've been looking at your micro damper I don't think 10 CFM will be enough? Your site says there are bigger fans available but doesn't have any options for more CFM?

Thats such a cool pit! Do you mind if I ask you how much it cost to make?

I have a damper designed for a 15 CFM blower. The files are on thingiverse http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1272011 . I could certainly modify the files for a 25 CFM or such. Let me know.

By the way, I would love to have a CNC plasma cutter. Nice build.

If you wouldn't mind making up a 25 CFM blower / damper set up I would be interested.

The CNC plasma is an awesome addition to the shop. I would never have done this project this way without it.

The Wiener is "Andrew F" who contacted me first! Sorry for all those who missed out! I'll send you guys a coupon to www.MicroDamper.com for playing, figure I could help a few more people getting going!

MikeBaum, great looking cooker! I forget what the 40mm fans top out at for the MicroDamper (I really should have that set in my brain by now). I sell the 10CFM in my kit because it runs everything from a small kamado up to a UDS well, which is what most people come to this forum with. I recently helped someone get up and running with a MacroDamper who is running a 35CFM fan though. But, do you really want to run a controller on that pit? The fun of offsets is sitting there feeding it wood and drinking beer all day!

Thanks! Are the 40mm fans just computer fans? I'm not sure how much air I need. I'm guessing at 25 cfm. If I run a controller on it I'll be able to enjoy delicious food off of it far more often. I'm busy and don't generally have a lot of free days to dedicate to cooking so I would like a controller for those days.

Do you build full assembly's? If you do and could get me a running setup by the end of this week I would be interested in buying a complete set up.

Thats such a cool pit! Do you mind if I ask you how much it cost to make?

Thanks!

are you asking how much it costs me to build or how much I will sell them for?

If you do and could get me a running setup by the end of this week I would be interested in buying a complete set up.

I'd have to order a special fan just for you, then with assembly, getting you up and running by the end of this week would be tough due to shipping times. Perhaps WBegg can get you going sooner?

Do you have a charcoal basket already fabricated for it?

I'd have to order a special fan just for you, then with assembly, getting you up and running by the end of this week would be tough due to shipping times. Perhaps WBegg can get you going sooner?

I know it would be hard. I wasn't sure if you stocked them or build them to order.

I hadn't thought about a charcoal basket, do I need one? That's not an issue I can make one up real quick.

I have kits, but your rig falls out of the range that my kit covers (small kamados/kettles/miniWSM up to 55 gal UDS drums). Hence the reason for special ordering a different fan.

You're going to want a charcoal basket if you plan on running your rig with a controller. You need something that will raise the charcoal off the bottom of the firebox (at least two inches) and something that can hold a capacity of charcoal for the length of cooks you plan on doing.

I have kits, but your rig falls out of the range that my kit covers (small kamados/kettles/miniWSM up to 55 gal UDS drums). Hence the reason for special ordering a different fan.

You're going to want a charcoal basket if you plan on running your rig with a controller. You need something that will raise the charcoal off the bottom of the firebox (at least two inches) and something that can hold a capacity of charcoal for the length of cooks you plan on doing.

You can see in that pic that I already have grates to hold the fire off the bottom and above the intake holes. I had assumed I could just throw the coals in a pile in the middle. But now that were talking about it I can see the advantage to having a basket.

How much would you charge for a complete setup? I don't need it this week it would just be nice to have.

Probably couldn't get it to you any sooner. Would also have to order a fan, and design around that specific geometry.

I do, however, already have a 15 CFM unit designed. Would just have to order the fan, and print the enclosure.

Looks to me that 15 cfm should be sufficient. But I don't have much for scale, how long are your cooking grates?

15CFM will be more than enough, you'll have to dial it back in your settings - which is a good thing.

Back