what the heck weber ?

George Curtis

TVWBB Olympian
Was just looking at the uk weber site and they have a rotisserie setup for every size q grill . I'm really getting tired of weber treating us folks in the states like third class people. And that is not the end of stuff in europe that we don't get. I feel betrayed and it certainly leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

Seriously?

You are complaining about not getting things in the STATES?! So many people can't get much in so many other countries. Just look at the simple cost differences as well for US to Canada.
18.5"WSM - 299USD + tax vs 399CAD + tax

The availability of products in the states is nothing to complain about at all. Be lucky that you have things around. :)

Just googled the exchange rate between Canada and US. I shows 399CAD equals 301.68US. I am sure there are other factors but not sure. Does the price change in Canada when the exchange rate changes? Please enlighten us since we don't have to deal with it in the US unless we are buying something from another country. TIA

Seriously?

You are complaining about not getting things in the STATES?! So many people can't get much in so many other countries. Just look at the simple cost differences as well for US to Canada.
18.5"WSM - 299USD + tax vs 399CAD + tax

The availability of products in the states is nothing to complain about at all. Be lucky that you have things around. :)

Didn't know this was going to take a political bent. Just mentioning that weber makes so much that we can't get. That is all.

Just googled the exchange rate between Canada and US. I shows 399CAD equals 301.68US. I am sure there are other factors but not sure. Does the price change in Canada when the exchange rate changes? Please enlighten us since we don't have to deal with it in the US unless we are buying something from another country. TIA

I have not seen it within major companies change that much but have not looked at weber products for this itself really. I am mostly in tech industry and do see some price increases. If you want a quick example not with Canada but the UK: For the One Plus 3 phone, they have taken out a statement that it would be increasing the cost in the UK because of how huge the pound went down. But they did give the customers i think 3 weeks to buy at the current rate before the price update (how kind, more likely it was to boost sales itself within that timeframe).

I have seen computer peripherals increase it seems with some of the major swings within exchange. But for most it doesn't change that much and not that quick within a store.

Back