It’s Meat Loaf Time Again

Barb D

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Haven’t done a meat loaf for a while and after seeing some of the others doing them I decide to do one also.
This is the lineup of things I used, then mix all together into pan and ready for the Performer. If you’re wondering, the 4 meat balls are for the girls, can’t forget them.
DSCN3277_zpsuskczp6a.jpg

DSCN3279_zpsow54oze3.jpg

On the performer with apple wood for smoke and cooked indirect for about 1 ¼ hours. Basted with Weber’s Buzz- N Honey sauce during the last ½ hour until it reach 165*. Done and ready to come in.
DSCN3282_zpsylextqwy.jpg

DSCN3289_zpslaiqm4vn.jpg

DSCN3292_zpsgbrs5cdr.jpg

Plated with sides of corn and a baker. It was a delicious dinner but looking forward to the sandwiches.
DSCN3293_zpsq63aes9n.jpg

DSCN3297_zpsyqjudvun.jpg

Thanks for looking and enjoy your week end.

Nice cook Barb. I like how you elevate it on the rack so the grease drips down. I need to find a rack that fits in my CI skillet. I don't know if the wife would approve of me using her nice baking pans on the grill.

Ditto what Pat G said. Haven't had smoked meatloaf but must try it. The rack to raise the meatloaf is a great idea. I will of course have to get my own pans for baking it in the smoker. My wife does not want me using her kitchen stuff on my grills and smoker and I don't think I blame her. Of course, the storage issues are becoming a problem. Send a plate of that great meal my way.

Nice cook Barb. I like how you elevate it on the rack so the grease drips down. I need to find a rack that fits in my CI skillet. I don't know if the wife would approve of me using her nice baking pans on the grill.

Thanks everyone glad you like the meat loaf. I just did a simple one this time, didn't stuff it like I have in the past with home made bacon or my poppers.

Last edited:
Barb I love meatloaf and that looks so wonderful. What were the three types of meat. I guessed hamburger, italian sausage, but what is the third? It looks delicious! I am a seasonal cook so this is definitely on my cooler weather list! Thank you for sharing this wonderful meal!

For those who might be interested I use 1 pound each ground meat, ground turkey and pork that we grind up.
Thanks for asking,
Barb

Barb, can you be a little more specific on the exact cuts of beef, turkey, and pork you are using? For turkey, I am assuming you are using the breasts but not sure. Have been trying to find turkey breasts at Costco but at least in my area they only have processed turkey breast.
Thanks for your help.
Also wanted to add that you are a great sport with all of the ribbing we have been giving you lately.

For those who might be interested I use 1 pound each ground meat, ground turkey and pork that we grind up.
Thanks for asking,
Barb

Barb, can you be a little more specific on the exact cuts of beef, turkey, and pork you are using? For turkey, I am assuming you are using the breasts but not sure. Have been trying to find turkey breasts at Costco but at least in my area they only have processed turkey breast.
Thanks for your help.
Also wanted to add that you are a great sport with all of the ribbing we have been giving you lately.

The meat is 80/20 ground meat from Costco, turkey is Jennie-o ground that I get at the store and the pork is home made ground pork shoulder. Hope this helps everyone.

Bob, that's ok after 33 yrs. I can take it and its lots of fun. I enjoy it so don't worry.:eek:

Last edited:
It will help Barb. Your lucky, our Costco's (2 within 4 miles) only have 85/15 ground beef. I can get 80/20 at Albertsons though. Costco does have ground turkey also. I have been thinking about grinding my own beef though. Probably get a much better flavor. Thanks

The meat is 80/20 ground meat from Costco, turkey is Jennie-o ground that I get at the story and the pork is home made ground pork shoulder. Hope this helps everyone.

Bob, that's ok after 33 yrs. I can take it and its lots of fun. I enjoy it so don't worry.:eek:

Barb, I need to cook that. I have just breakfast but I´m hungry :D:D:D

Could you give me your recipe, what are those herbs?
In other cases I create my own recipe based on others but I´d like to test this one, if you don´t mind.
Meatloaf is not so common in Spain.
Regards

Back