Free(to me) brand new BGE -- if I want one

Matt Goin

TVWBB Super Fan
Sooooo---- I have perfected my grilling techniques ( indirect, direct, smoking and even using a gasser ). My dad who has been a gas man for the past 30 years got a BGE. He got one a week ago and is hooked to it like ****. He wants to buy me one. My initial response was I don't need one ( of course they are pretty and I can make room) but woul I really use it. I currently own a 10 year old lifetime warranty SS Jenn-air gasser ( for convenience or cleaning grill grates), 26.75 Weber kettle, two 18" WSM's, 22 WSM, 22.5 performer, 18 smoker Joe platinum. Idk what I would cook on the BGE. I use my 26.75 almost every weekend. I probably need to pass down a WSM and kettle or 2 anyway .. Is the BGE really all it's cracked up to be?

Regardless of my current arsenal, I'd have a hard time passing that up. Having said that, you've got a pretty big arsenal. I'd probably try and make room for the BGE. Or, if Dad is close by, just tell him that you'll come by and help him cook on his. That way, you get to cook on the BGE, AND spend time with Dad.

He knows my passion. --- and his just "ignited" ( 3 pizzas on the BGE in 8 days) ---- lol using my thin crust recipe!!! Just never used the BGE. --- don't know much about it. Guess I will google it.

Bge owners are rabid. If you get close they will infect you with the green disease. Resist as long as you can but then succumb to keep your sanity.

I have 6 Weber grills and smokers combined and a BGE. The BGE is my least used grill. But everyone is different. I have a
friend who went from Weber to BGE and has not looked back. It would not hurt to try cooking with your dad and see what you think though.

My brother in law has one and loves it, he pulled it over, and broke it into many small pieces, but to his credit got some J B weld and put it back together (mostly), he claims he likes it better than before he broke it! I have had some good food off of it, I call it Frankingrill now.

BGE is a great product and you'll love it.. I owned one and loved it, but hardly ever used it and it kept getting moldy inside from the lack of use. I ended up selling it to a friend.

If he was the original owner of the BGE they would have replaced it at no charge under warranty.
My brother in law has one and loves it, he pulled it over, and broke it into many small pieces, but to his credit got some J B weld and put it back together (mostly), he claims he likes it better than before he broke it! I have had some good food off of it, I call it Frankingrill now.

Back