Raspberry Pi Zero?

GabrielDiaz

I'm about to build my second linkmeter, and hate to spend $40 on a pi-B when I have a $5 pi-zero sitting here, unused.

I see, however, that the GPIO pins on the zero differ from the Pi-B, so it's not as simple as plugging it in. It never is! Has anybody had any luck using the pi-zero, and if so, would they be so kind as to share instructions?

Apologies if this is an old topic - searching "pi zero" turns up nothing, and "zero" is too short a word for the forum search engine's preferences.

- gD

It works and would be the same procedure as the model A+

Pi APlus Modifications

Edit: If you don't solder on the full 40 pin header and only used a 26 pin header, it would attach without any mods needed.

Last edited:
Edit: If you don't solder on the full 40 pin header and only used a 26 pin header, it would attach without any mods needed.

This seems like the way to go.

Does anyone have a case design for these yet? Also, what do you do to connect a wifi adapter?

This seems like the way to go.

Does anyone have a case design for these yet? Also, what do you do to connect a wifi adapter?

There's no case for this combo that I'm aware of. To attach a wifi adapter, you'll need a USB OTG adapter.

Back